CompTIA Server+ Certification
An overview of CompTIA Server+ Certification:
CompTIA Server+ certification recognises both the knowledge and experience of an IT Professional to configure, maintain and troubleshoot the hardware and software components of a Server. This certified training program covers the key areas of skill needed for working with the server system of the organisation. Those areas are system and application software for the server, server hardware, storage system and configuration, overall environment of a server-based IT infrastructure, the data recovery process from any disaster and troubleshooting the server to ensure the smooth operation of the business.
CompTIA Server+ certification covers the skill set required for IT professionals who are looking forward to different job roles including help desk technicians, network administrators, hardware technicians, system administrators and so on. Any IT professional, seeking to earn more knowledge and experience on the technology and configuration of the server and recovery of data from any kind of system failure and disaster recovery may also consider this course as the most appropriate option for their purpose, as well.
Duties and responsibilities for Server+ Certified professionals:
Followings are some core duties and responsibilities, usually carried out by CompTIA Server+ certified professionals:
- Install and configure both the storage and hardware devices of the server.
- Be able to install, configure and update the Network Operating System of the server-based business infrastructure.
- Be able to data recovery and restoration process from any unexpected disaster and keep the backup of essential data regularly.
- Have the required skill to create and maintain server documentation, data flow diagram and the procedure to keep the server system up and running.
- Possess enough knowledge and hands-on working experience with different types of servers like web server, proxy server, mail server, file server, DNS server and so on.
- Prompt and proactive in troubleshooting any server related problems following the appropriate procedure and using the right set of tools and technologies.
- Be able to decide the physical installation area and process for the setup of the server of a business.
Details regarding the CompTIA Server+ Certification exam:
- The name of the exam is ‘CompTIA Server+ Certification’, and the exam code is SK0 – 004.
- IT will be a CBT (Computer Based Test), and you have to answer multiple-choice questions.
- The total duration of the exam is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In total, there will be 100 questions, and you have to answer.
- The total marks of the exam are 900.
- You must have to score 750 out of 900, to pass the exam.
- The cost of the CompTIA Server+ Certification exam is £220.
Prerequisite for CompTIA Server+ Certification exam:
- There is no particular prerequisite for the CompTIA Server+ Certification exam.
- It is recommended (but not necessary) that you have passed the CompTIA A+ Certification exam before appearing for the CompTIA Server+ Certification exam. At the same time, the experience of working at any IT related job for 1.5 to 2 years will help you to get well prepared for this exam.
Degrees and Training programs for CompTIA A+ Certification Exam:
Undergraduate and Graduate programs, offered by top-ranked universities, cover many areas of the CompTIA Server+ Certification exam. Apart from that, you will find several ‘self-paced online learning portals which match the CompTIA Server+ and other similar exam related study topics.
Jobs similar to CompTIA Server+ certified professionals are looking for:
Followings are some jobs that are appropriate for IT job seekers who are CompTIA Server+ certified professionals:
- Network Administrator
- Server Administrator
- IT Manager
- Help Desk Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
The average salary of CompTIA Server+ Certified Professionals:
- Average salary of a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional is: £44,148
- Average salary of a CompTIA Server+ Certified Professional is: £47,142
- Average salary of a CompTIA Network+ Certified Professional is: £47,142
- Average salary of a CompTIA Project+ Certified Professional is: £50,135
- Average salary of a CompTIA Linux+ Certified Professional is: £52,380
- Average salary of a CompTIA Security+ certified Professional is: £53,876
- Average salary of a CTT+ Certified Professional is: £55,373
- Average salary of CompTIA Cloud+ Professional is: £55,373
- Average salary of a CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner is: £62,855
Other Certified Courses similar to CompTIA Server+ Certification:
Followings are some globally recognised certified programs related to CompTIA Server+ Certification:
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Microsoft MCTS Certification
- VMware Virtual Certified Professional (VCP)
Career opportunities related to CompTIA A+ certified professionals:
- Network administrator
- System Analyst
- Help Desk Technician
- IT Security Specialist